Friday, October 31, 2008

Beginning of the Last Half...

Most of this post is going to be random observations from my drive today...
Somewhere near a town called Java, SD I saw a massive gathering of birds out in an empty field. Not only were there tons of birds, but they looked to be of a variety of types. It was a very odd sight.
Saw a sign for a town called Eureka, SD... thought of Ian C (from Eureka, MT).
Passed Bowdle, SD which apparently has the tallest water tower in the state. I wouldn't have known except for the sign.
Thanks to Grandma D I had her famous Lemon Bread for breakfast on the road. Yum Yum!
What kind of fuel is 'E-85', and why is it only $1.79/gal in Ipswich, SD?
It seems like every little town in SD I've gone through has some sort of museum... that would be an interesting trip just to visit each one.
Another fuel question - Why is regular more expensive than plus? And what does it mean when 10% Ethanol is added?
I guess I will have to do some research ... and then post my findings.
I was really excited when I stopped in Sioux Falls, SD and only paid $2.25/gal!!
Unfortunately the scenery today has been almost identical to what I've already seen, so I don't really have any new pics... I will try to be more obliging tomorrow. :) I miss you all and hope you had a Happy Halloween!