Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Long stretch of nothingness...

I left Missoula at about 9 this morning, which was earlier than yesterday, but later than I had planned. I didn't sleep well last night. But I finally got off after getting my mocha at Starbucks where I met a girl originally from Seattle. (Ironic that she works at Starbucks eh? ;) )
After leaving Missoula, there were several places along I-90 that I saw signs for "Clark Fork" when crossing a stream of water. I remembered that I had seen several yesterday too... was this just one that keeps criss-crossing under the highway, or are there more than one Clark Fork's in MT? just a thought...
Today while driving the section between Billings and Miles City (this is where the nothingness comes in), I realized that I couldn't see anyone in front of me or behind me. This wasn't even because I was going over a hill, or around a curve! I was on a long straight flat stretch with no one in sight. Kind of a weird sensation.
I've noticed another unfamiliar thing while on my trip... with all these open fields close to the highway, there are political ads which are like billboards almost. They consist of several boards with part of a message on each and as you drive you can read each one as it comes. Most of them have dealt with ideas about using alternative energy sources. However, today I saw one that I was really confused by... it said: "Don't stick your elbow out the window too far... It might just go home in a different car." What the heck is that supposed to mean? and what does it have to do with Brad Molnar running for Public Service Commissioner?
During my hours of driving today, I was taking note of the extraordinarily nice weather once again... During the past couple months I have been trying to keep my eyes and heart open for signs that pointed towards the idea that I need to stay in WA. However, with each step I made to move, things went very smoothly. The wonderful weather just seems to be a continued blessing on my journey.
Here are a couple more pics from my journey today...


3 comments:

em said...

We drove to Colorado last month, and parts of Kansas really freaked me out! There was no one for miles and no exits.... kind of weird!

Be safe and see you soon.

lissa said...

yay! you're on your way!!!!! :D

lol, congrats on now knowing what it was like for me to live in nebraska... wide open stretches of vast NOTHINGNESS!! haha!

love you, BE SAFE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, dear one!

I'm praying for your trip and can't wait to see you!

Love you. :)

- Nicole