Saturday, November 1, 2008

Only 1.5 days to go!

Was just going to get directly on the freeway but then I saw a flyer for this cool-looking park in downtown Council Bluffs, so I decided to check it out. It had some really interesting structures in the center of the park. One was part of the fountain that isn't currently running (presumably because of the changing weather). It was a nice start to the day. (see pics below)
Finally I've had some change in scenery. Missouri has more hills and greenery (or rather trees changing colors), than western Iowa did.
Once I reached Kansas City area I noticed a definite change in humidity levels. Just east of Kansas City the sun disappeared behind a foggy haze. It continued until almost right before St Louis, and then the fog disappeared and the sun came out again.
I went through Warrenton, MO and noticed a distinct smell of Onions. I'm ready to be done with my trip. Now that I'm so close, I kind of just want to get there.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Leah!! Hope you have made it safely to Nashville...acutually, I'm sure you have, as your mom has just e-mailed me so! Anywho...just wanted to let you know how much we missed you on Saturday!! And thank you for all your work you did on the invitations and flyeres. They were fantastic!! We had over 30 women there!! It was amazing!! Thank Leah for all you did!! Miss you!! : )

NashvilleanByChoice said...

Jamie - Thank you, I missed you all and were thinking of you much of saturday. Mom told me how she really enjoyed it too. I'm really glad it went off without a hitch! I can't wait for retreat next year!