Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have finally arrived!

Part of the reason I planned my route through St Louis was so that I could isit the Gateway Arch. So sunday morning before leaving St Louis to head to Nashville, I went down to the Riverview park where the arch is. It took me a little bit to find the parking lot as it was down on the levy out of sight from the road. I finally parked (just barely getting the cheaper price of $4 instead of $6) and the walked up to the park. The Gateway Arch is so much bigger than I thought it was from the pictures! It was so huge, I couldn't hardly get it all in one picture. It was a beautiful day to see the arch. You can see some of my pics below, and more on myspace or facebook (if you are on my friends list). After that I didn't really pay attention to things around me, because all I really wanted to do was get to Nashville as soon as I could.
One thing I did on my trip was keep a running tab of state license plates to see how many different ones I saw... here is what I found:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming
I also saw these Canadian plates:
British Columbia
Manitoba
Ontario

2 comments:

tootlepip said...

cool pics. You should list all of the states you have travelled through.
Love,
Mom

NashvilleanByChoice said...

yeah, I was thinking about doing an updated "where I've been" map and posting it. I just have to find where to do that again...