Saturday, February 7, 2009

Harry Potter - one goal down... a lot more to go

I have acheived one goal on my list for 2009. I have finished the Harry Potter series. The end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was so good! I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, so I won't give anything away but if you haven't read it - you should! After finishing the books, I decided to go back and watch all the movies so far. Recently, I renewed my Netflix subscription and lined up the Harry Potter movies in my queue. I've watched the first three movies a couple times before, but it had been a while. I really enjoyed them, and it was funny to see the actors as such little kids! It was interesting to see how close to the story those first few movies are. The 4th and 5th movies however, did not include as much of the story as I would have hoped. I've noticed that the books progressively get deeper and more serious with each one, and with that it seems that each has more details than the first. I especially noticed this after finishing the last book in the series. That being said, I understand that with the each movie, it will be harder to include as many details. However, there were certain things, especially in 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix', that they could have included without the movie being much longer. Anyways... thats my opinion. :) Watching the movies was mostly enjoyable because it was something my friends Gabriel Redding, and Lady Dee and I were able to do together. Lady Dee had never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, and certainly hadn't read the books. (I think we got her hooked!) I am kind of sad, because now I have to wait until July to see the next movie... maybe I will be able to see this one in the theater though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that the last book will be made into two movies. That way they could fit in as much as they can!!

NashvilleanByChoice said...

yes I saw that on IMDB the other day too! so if they can do that with the 7th book... why couldn't they do that with at least the 6th? *sigh* oh well.