Thursday, January 29, 2009

The House

during the last few weeks, I've realized that my current living situation doesn't seem normal to people outside of it. I also realized that I never explained what my living situation is since I've moved to TN. Maybe if you knew what it is, then some of my other posts would make more sense. I will try to briefly explain...
The Redding Brothers have a friend who is also now their band manager, and she (I'll call her Lady Dee) is leasing a house here in the Nashville area. Its much too large just for her, even when her daughter stays with her. Lady Dee did this on purpose so that two of The Redding Brothers (Josiah & Gabriel) could also live here, including Josiah's wife (BarlowGirl) and kids. I had the pleasure of meeting Lady Dee in 2007 at Micah Redding's wedding, and we hit it off right away. Lady Dee is so full of energy, and has a very generous heart. When she heard that I was wanting to move here to TN, she immediately told me that I could stay at her house as long as I needed. So this is where I landed! I live in a 4 bedroom house with 6 other people, and I'm not related to any of them. However, I feel quite at home here. I think in a way its comforting to all of us to live in a full house. All of us, except Lady Dee, have grown up in families with several kids and are used to living with the noise of other people in the house. Its also interesting that with all these people in the house - I'm the only person who owns a PC and also the only person who eats meat (the rest are all vegetarians). Weird eh? Hopefully this lends you some insight into my environment. :)

No comments: