Saturday, February 14, 2009

a nice relaxing day...and the discovery of a new BBC film

Late last night I slipped some Valentines Day notes under the doors of my sleeping housemates, and this morning I woke to find that my best friend had left a note and a lavender hyacinth plant for me outside my door. She had also left a single rose outside Lady Dee's room with a note. It was very thoughtful of BarlowGirl, and a lovely little surprise! My room is now filled with the sweet fragrance of spring.
My original plans for the day included going to the movie theater to see "He's Just Not That Into You" even if I went alone. What actually came of the day was that I spent most of it quietly in my room enjoying a newly discovered made-for-tv BBC production based on the novel by Charles Dickens called "Bleak House". Netflix had it available as an 'Instant Play' movie, so I started it out of curiosity and liked it so much I couldn't stop. Most of the BBC productions of classic English literature I have seen I have thoroughly enjoyed and this was no different. Every couple episodes I would take a break and wander downstairs to get some refreshment and see how everyone else was doing. Halfway through the day the mail was brought in and I had received a packet with publications to help me plan my trip through the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Just flipping through the pamphlets raised my excitement! But there will be more on that later... for now, I would like to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day, and I hope that your's was as relaxing and enjoyable as mine was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Bleak House too. But what's not to love about a BBC film? (Did you do last year's Jane Austens?)

NashvilleanByChoice said...

Lady J - yes I did watch last year's Jane Austen productions. I was mostly happy with them... there were a couple I didn't love. But that is to be expected I guess. :)