Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day never has really stirred strong feelings in me, either for or against. Growing up my parents always did a little something for all of us kids. Usually there would be a book, or a small toy with some candy and a card waiting for us, next to our breakfast plates in the morning. It was a nice little reminder of how much they love us, but since their love was obvious all year long, it wasn't a huge deal. My Dad would usually take Mom out to dinner and a movie, but it wasn't like he bought her expensive jewelry like on all the TV ads. It was a nice simple night out for them. I've been thinking more about Valentine's Day this year, and trying to decide how I am going to approach it. Do I want to ignore it completely? Or do I want to try and duplicate my parent's tradition with my housemates? If you have any inexpensive little ideas for letting people know how much I care about them, I would love to hear them.

Also - there is an interesting post about Valentine's Day for us single people over at Blissfully Single that you should read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved that post. I can totally relate to that one.