Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Summary...

I originally was going to go back and blog about each adventure I had this summer, and even started doing so. However, after a couple entries, I realized just how many things I did this year and I decided maybe a summary would be best.

As you know, this year started with a bang - our New Years party at Micah and Miss Grey's house was an awesome start to 2009. It inspired me to make goals that seemed somewhat impossible, but also to realize that if you don't shoot for the moon you probably won't achieve much. Here are some of the things I accomplished this year so far:
  • Read the Twilight series.
  • Finished the Harry Potter series, and subsequentially watched all of the movies that are out.
  • Visited the Country Music Hall of Fame, Cheekwood Botanical Garden, The Hermitage, Riverfront Park (downtown Nashville), Warner Park, the Loveless Cafe, The Parthenon, and the Natchez Trace.
  • Visited West Virginia twice (once for a Redding Brothers concert, and the other for Mawmaw and Pawpaw Redding's anniversary party)
  • Visited 2 out of my goal of 5 National Parks - the Great Smoky Mountains and Mammoth Cave.
  • Walked 4 miles at the Nashville 'Walk 4 Water' to help raise money for water wells in third world countries.
  • Saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.
  • Visited North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama for the first time.
  • Saw Lake Michigan for the first time.
  • Witnessed my little brother graduate from Navy Bootcamp.
  • Met cousins I didn't know I had, and also spent a day with my Great-Uncle from Arkansas who I hadn't seen in 10 years.
  • Went to a drive-in movie theater for the first time.
  • Went to a 'real' country fair.
  • Went to a Greek Festival.
  • Walked in a waterfall for the first time.
  • Fell deeper in love with Bluegrass music.
  • and finally - developed close friendships with Sunny B, Tberry, and Lady Dee, and deepened pre-existing friendships with BarlowGirl, Miss Grey, Micah, Gabriel, and Josiah.

I am so thankful for having been able to do all of these things this year. Especially since the year isn't over yet! I feel like I have used this spring and summer to its fullest, and don't regret any of the things I did or places I visited. Thanks to my friends who have helped come up with things to do and have helped made it possible for me to do all these things! I love you all!!

No comments: