Saturday, September 26, 2009

First trip home...

In May my really good friend Tasha was graduating from college, and I really wanted to be there for her, so when I saw airplane tickets go on sale in March I knew I had to buy one. Since I got a great deal on my ticket, I didn't feel as bad taking a short trip and just went for the weekend. It was then that I learned taking a short trip for my first trip home was not a brilliant idea. There was so much to do, and so many people to see! It was very difficult to balance everyone and not hurt my family's and friend's feelings. However, I did have a good time and was able to spend a day with Tasha at her graduation.

I was (and am!) so proud of her! She was one of the first people in her family to graduate college, and it wasn't an easy thing for her. Tasha is a very social person and likes to do everything with everyone, which makes it difficult to get homework done. ;) Her first year was a learning experience, but thanks to some very supportive staff and church family, she was able to pull up her grades after that. Due to the community environment that her college provided, she has become even more beautiful on the inside than when she started attending there! I am so proud of her!






No comments: